BANDITS ABDUCT 10 VILLAGERS, INJURE TWO IN FRESH ATTACKS ON KADUNA COMMUNITIES
Suspected bandits have kidnapped ten villagers from three remote communities in Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, in a series of coordinated attacks carried out in the early hours of Wednesday, March 12, 2025.
The first attack occurred around 2:00 a.m. in Unguwan Yashi-Maraban Kajuru, where armed assailants stormed the village and abducted six residents identified as God-Dream Ladan, Lady God-Dream, Philip Mudakas, Mercy Philip, Bitrus Philip, and Gmen Philip.

In Makyali village, two individuals sustained gunshot wounds during the invasion and are currently receiving treatment at Maraban Kajuru Hospital. The injured victims were identified as Ubale Yahaya and Abdullahi, while two females, Rahina Yahaya and Zulai Yahaya, were also kidnapped.
The third attack took place around 4:00 a.m. in Ungwan Mudi Doka, where two more persons—Amos Michael and Samita Amos—were abducted.
Confirming the incident, Stephen Maikori, Acting District Head of Kufana, told Daily Trust on Thursday that while such attacks had declined in recent months, they resurfaced this week with alarming intensity.
“So far, ten people have been taken away, with two injured now receiving treatment. We are appealing for an intensified rapid security response and action to save lives and properties in this axis,” he said, adding that security agencies have been notified of the incident.
Residents in the affected communities are now calling for urgent intervention from the authorities as fears of further attacks grow.
