Crime Stories

KIDNAPPERS DEMAND N500,000 RANSOM FOR 5-YEAR-OLD ABDUCTED IN LAGOS 

 The family of five-year-old Memunah Abdulrahman, who was abducted nearly two months ago in Lagos State, is in distress as suspected kidnappers have demanded a ransom of N500,000 for her release.

Memunah was taken on March 9, 2025, while returning home from Islamic school in the Ejigbo area. The abduction reportedly occurred near a popular supermarket in the community, where an unidentified woman lured the child and her sister with the pretense of buying them items. She allegedly disappeared with Memunah, abandoning her sister.

Speaking to Punch, the victim’s father, Abdurrahman Alimi, revealed that the kidnappers reached out via a hidden number last month, demanding the ransom.

“Almost a month after the abduction, they called. They hid their number and said we should pay N500,000 to get our daughter back. They hung up and haven’t called since,” Alimi said. “I believe my daughter is still alive.”

He added that the family promptly reported the development to the police, who advised them to ask the abductors to make contact via WhatsApp. However, the family remains uncertain about the progress of the investigation.

The Lagos State Police Command’s spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed that the Commissioner of Police, Owohunwa Jimoh, had directed the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) to take over the case.

While SCID officers reportedly visited the community soon after the order was given, Alimi says the family has not received any further updates.

As Friday approaches, it will mark exactly two months since Memunah’s abduction, with her whereabouts still unknown. The family continues to plead for urgent action and public support in securing her safe return.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *